Skip to Content

Lawsuit served to Greene Central School District on behalf of employee

*EDITOR’S NOTE: This story has been corrected to reflect that the lawsuit claims that Greene Central School District Superintendent Gordon Daniels told Lilley he “would pay dearly for embarrassing him and going to the State Police.”


GREENE, N.Y. (WBNG) — Before Greene Central School District’s Board of Education went into its first executive session on Wednesday night, a 12-page lawsuit was handed out to members.

“The board members need to be held responsible, including the superintendent for their actions,” explained Jordon Lilley, the district’s former transportation supervisor and buildings and ground coordinator, said he was put on administrative leave in June 2017 after almost eight years there.

RELATED: Judges: Court should not have dismissed case against Greene Central School District

Lilley said he brought it to the superintendent’s attention that a bus driver, identified in court papers as Susan Proscia, was texting while driving a bus on different occasions with and without people aboard.

We caught up with Proscia at the meeting. She didn’t know she was mentioned in the court papers. 12 News told her it had to do with someone losing their job, Proscia responded, “I have no comment, because I didn’t know anybody lost their job.”

Lilley responded saying, “I was her supervisor for almost nine years straight.”

Proscia questioned if Lilley is still getting paid, which he is. When asked again if she thought it was wrong that Lilley lost his job she responded, “What part don’t you get of no comment?”

“She knew she did wrong she admitted to it,” explained Lilley. “I have 28 different videos of her texting and driving that have all been shown to the board of education and superintendent.”

Lilley said the superintendent, “did nothing.” He told 12 News he then informed State Police in June 2017 before bringing it to the school board.

The lawsuit claims that Greene Central School District Superintendent Gordon Daniels told Lilley he “would pay dearly for embarrassing him by going to the State Police.”

According to the court papers, Lilley was escorted by Daniels and two police officers on June 8, 2017. Those documents state he had had to turn over his badge, Lilley added the school confiscated personal items from his office.

When asked what he did wrong Lilley said, “That’s the question, that’s the reason we won our appellate case, because I have done nothing wrong.”

Lilley said the slew of charges brought against him by the district initially have since been dropped. He mentioned one charge included him taking rock salt from the district for personal use. However he said it was deemed legal and his family have put in fair bids for the supply for years.

The board of education had “no comment,” when asked about this topic at Wednesday’s meeting. At the end of the meeting, Board President Milk called an executive session. He told 12 News it was regarding “details of a litigation.” When asked if it had to do with the summons served at the start of the meeting, he would not specify. Milk said it was not a personnel issue.

Proscia was in that private executive session with board members. 12 News was not allowed to stay inside.

“I was told by a current school board member that I will never win this because [Proscia] lived in this town for 40 years I haven’t, and it’s that simple,” explained Lilley.

Lilley wants his job back and an apology from board members.

“They need to apologize or resign,” explained Lilley. “If you’re not willing to use your brain and do the right thing instead of just playing follow the leader by someone who’s feeding you false information then shame on you.”

The district has a few weeks to respond to the summons issued by the New York State Supreme Court.

“Like” Michael Schwartz on Facebook and “Follow” him on Twitter.  

Michael Schwartz

Skip to content