(WBNG) — Multiple non-profit arts and cultural organizations in the Southern Tier have been awarded with hundreds of dollars in grants, subsidized by gaming revenues from four casinos in the state, including Tioga Downs and del Lago Resort and Casino.
In February grants ranging from $1,000-$5,000 started to be submitted for Fairgame Arts Grants, which was created by the Upstate Theater Coalition.
The Upstate Theater Coalition, which is made up of multiple organizations, was formed with the partnership of casinos in the Southern Tier/Finger Lakes, Capital and Catskill regions.
Revenues were also subsidized from the Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady and Resorts World Catskills.
Here are the 2019 Fairgame Arts Grants recipients for the Southern Tier/Finger Lakes region:
- Binghamton Downtown Singers, Inc. $3,250
- Binghamton Philharmonic $3,000
- Binghamton Theater Organ Society $1,060
- Endicott Performing Arts Center $3,250
- Tri-Cities Opera $2,250
- Common Time $1,000
- Elmira Little Theatre $2,925
- Rafael Grigorian Ballet Theatre $2,275
- Blackfriars of Rochester, Inc. $5,000
- Victor Association of Cultural and Performing Arts $3,250
- Corning-Elmira Musical Arts, Inc., dba Orchestra of the Southern Finger Lakes $3,040
- The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes $2,250
- Community Arts Partnership $1,500