VESTAL (WBNG) -- The Broome County Clerk's office and the Vestal Central School District announced Thursday that they will be hosting a passport fair together at Vestal High School Dec. 12
Applicants who attend will be able to obtain a passport in Room 181 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Those who wish to obtain a passport at the school should bring the following with them:
- Original or certified copy of their birth certificate
- Photo ID
- Two checks to cover fees. Cash and credit cards will NOT be accepted
The County Clerk's office says applicants should also know the places and dates of birth of their parents to fill out the passport application.
They say children under 18 years of age should be accompanied by a parent.
The following is a list of fees:
- Passports for adults: $110
- Passports for children under 16: $80
- Passport cards for adults: $15
- Passport cards for children under 16: $15
- Processing fee for each application: $35
- Passport photo: $10
Broome County Clerk Joe Mihalko says his office is holding the passport fair as a convenience for people who need a passport but are unable to obtain one during normal business hours.
Vestal High School Principal Dawn Young says the school is "focused on providing a wide range of opportunities to [its] students and their families."
Vestal High School is located at 205 Woodlawn Dr., Vestal.