Skip to Content

Naval base shooter watched mass violence videos prior to shooting, according to U.S. official

PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) -- A U.S. official says the Saudi student who fatally shot three people at a Florida naval base had hosted a dinner party earlier in the week to watch videos of mass shootings.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity after being briefed by federal investigators.

The official says a second Saudi student was recording outside the building at the Naval Air Station Pensacola on Friday while the shooting was happening inside.

The official also says 10 Saudi students are being held at the base and that several others are unaccounted for.

Cal Dymowski

Skip to content