Sausage and Pepper Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
1 large or 2 small-medium spaghetti squash, sliced in half and seeds removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 Italian sausage (or plant-based sausage)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sliced a spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet or baking dish and bake for 40 – 45 minutes, until the squash is tender.
3. Then let the squash cool and scrape it with a fork.
4. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and red bell pepper, saute until tender. Add the garlic and cook for one-minute more.
5. Remove the sausage from its casing and add to the skillet, cook for 10 – 15 minutes, until the sausage is browned and mostly cooked through. Add-in the spaghetti squash and stir together.
6. Stuff the spaghetti squash with the mixture and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the mixture is warmed through.
8. Serve immediately