Skip to Content

Freezing rain threat winds down tonight

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

Tonight: Rain and freezing rain dwindle east. Chance of showers. Some icy spots possible on untreated surfaces. Additional ice accretion will be minimal; less than 0.03”. Wind: SE->SW 7-12 Low: 30-35

Tuesday: 40% chance of rain and snow showers, perhaps a few snow squalls in the late afternoon and early evening. Wind: SW 5-10 High: 34-38

Tuesday Night: 40% chance of snow showers. Wind: W 7-14G20-25 Low: 23-28

Forecast Discussion

The wintry mess affecting the Catskill and Pocono region will slowly end into the overnight. Any additional ice accretion will be minimal. Elsewhere, just a few showers and perhaps a couple flakes could remain. There is a small chance of a few pockets of freezing rain outside the Catskill region. As temperatures drop to the freezing point, untreated surfaces in locations that just saw rain during the day, could turn icy. Overnight lows range from 30-35.

Tuesday brings a chance of snow showers. There is some indication that a few snow squalls could move through in the late afternoon and early evening. Temperatures remain in the mid to upper 30s. There is some uncertainty in the squall potential, so please monitor the forecast for updates on it. Snow showers linger Tuesday night with lows in the 20s.

Midweek looks unsettled as well with a 30% chance of snow showers. It does look like we could see some gusts 25-30mph. This could cause problems in areas that have ice on tree branches and power lines. We'll pay more attention to this threat as we get closer to Wednesday.

Thursday looks pleasant with sun and clouds and highs around 40. Rain returns Friday with a 60% chance of precipitation. Highs climb into the low and mid 40s. More rain showers linger Saturday and it stays mild with highs in the low to mid 40s. The chance of rain is 40%. Colder weather builds in Sunday and Monday with highs in the low to mid 30s. Some snow showers are possible Sunday, but Tuesday looks quiet. Overnight lows Saturday through Monday night will be in the 20s.

Howard Manges

Skip to content