Skip to Content

Five firefighters taken to hospital after explosion in Otsego County

victor-jones-scaled
Photo Credit: allotsego.com

MIDDLEFIELD (WBNG)- Five firefighters were sent to the hospital after a garage fire Wednesday night in Middlefield.

According to Allotsego.com, the fire started around 9 p.m. and five firefighters were injured after an explosion at the scene.

Officials say they believed the fire was caused by a propane tank that exploded inside of a wooden structure.

Multiple crews responded to the fire including Cooperstown fire, Milford, and Middlefield along with many other departments.

It is still unknown if there are any other injuries and what exactly caused the fire to start in the first place.

Stay with 12 News as we continue to follow this developing story.

Chelsi

Chelsi Byrnes

Skip to content