HARRISBURG, Pa. (WBNG) -- Pennsylvania gave an update on the coronavirus in the state on Saturday.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health said in a press release that as of March 21, there are 103 additional positive cases of the coronavirus and one additional death in Allegheny County. The statewide total adds up to 371 positive cases, spread across 28 counties.
There are 3,766 who have tested negative for the virus, but with commercial labs being the primary testing option for most residents, data cannot be release on how many tests are pending. There have been two deaths statewide.
The Wolf Administration has announced:
- All non-life-sustaining businesses must close to slow the spread of COVID-19
- Pennsylvania k-12 schools closed with guidance provided
- Postponing in-person events that consist of 10 people or more throughout the United States
- Discretion for religious leaders in holding services
- No visitor policies at all State correctional facilities and nursing homes to ensure the safety of inmates, residents, staff and visitors
- Restricted visitor policies in state centers
- Restricted visitor policies in assisted living and personal care homes
Due to the high volume of business waiver requests, the Wolf Administration is delaying the order saying that all non-life-sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania must close to slow the spread of COVID-19. The revised time of enforcement is Monday, March 2 at 8:00 a.m.
The Department of Revenue announced on Saturday that the deadline for taxpayers to file their 2019 Pennsylvania personal income tax returns is extended to July 15. Taxpayers will have an additional 90 days from the initial deadline of April 15 to file.
The Department of Revenue will also waive penalties and interest on 2019 personal income tax payments through the new deadline of July 15. This new deadline applies to 2019 tax returns and payments as well as estimated payments for the first and second quarters of 2020.
For more information, visit www.revenue.pa.gov, where you can find free tax forms and instructions. You can also visit the department’s pages on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for additional information.
Updated coronavirus links:
- For the daily COVID-19 Report, visit here
- For all press releases regarding coronavirus, please visit here.
- Find the latest information on the coronavirus here.
- Photos of the state’s lab in Exton are available for download and use here.
- Coronavirus and preparedness graphics are available here near the bottom of the page: here
- Community preparedness and procedures materials are available here.
- For an updated map with the number of cases, visit here.
For more coverage of the coronavirus, click here.