Skip to Content

Periods of dry weather sandwiched with periods of rain and thunder

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

Tonight: Showers and storms fade. Partly to mostly cloudy. Wind: Light Low: 58-63

Wednesday: 70% chance of PM showers and storms east, 40% chance near and west of I81. Wind: N 3-8 High: 72-78

Wednesday Night: Any showers taper. Wind: Light Low: 58-63

Forecast Discussion:
An unsettled pattern continues to hang over our forecast. A cut-off low in New England will spin some weak disturbances through the area and showers and storms are possible through Friday. No day this week looks like an all-day rain. Even when the cut-off leaves late week, some typical summer afternoon/evening shower/thundershower weather lingers early to mid next week.

Tonight any showers or storms taper with variably cloudy to clear skies. Lows will be in the 50s to lo 60s.

70% chance of rain and thunder is expected east of 81 and a 40% chance near and west Wednesday. Highs climb into the mid 70s, but could stay in the low 70s where showers linger longer. Just like Tuesday, some heavy rain is possible along with small hail inside any more organized storms. The threat of severe weather is low.

Thursday and Friday each bring a 20% and 40% chance, respectively, of mainly PM and evening showers and storms. Highs will be in the 80s with mugginess increasing. The 4th of July looks a bit unsettled. We are keeping a 40% chance of scattered PM and evening showers or storms in the forecast with highs in the low to mid 80s. There is some uncertainty in this forecast, so please check back for updates through the week.

The chance of precipitation Sunday is only 20% under a partly sunny sky. Partial sun greets us Monday and Tuesday. Highs each day will be in the mid to upper 80s. The rain/storm chances each day is around 40%, again, primarily in the heating of the afternoon and evening.

Howard Manges

Skip to content