(WBNG) -- The America East Conference has a plan in place for winter sports to return to competition.
According to a release from Binghamton Athletics, the conference's Board of Presidents approved a number of recommendations for the winter sports season, and the schedule for fall sports taking place in the spring.
The men's and women's basketball seasons will follow a full double round-robin schedule, with 18 conference games. The conference schedule will begin December 19-20.
The format will consist of weekend series with one team hosting the same opponent for two games. Each university will determine if its team will play non-conference games the first three weeks of the season.
Indoor track & field championships were canceled, but it is up to each university if a regular season will take place
The swimming & diving season (regular and championships) was moved to the spring semester.
As for fall sports, the schedules are as follows according to the Binghamton Athletics release:
- Cross Country: The Cross Country Championship will be held Friday, March 5 at a site to be determined.
- Field Hockey: A full round-robin schedule (8 games) starting on March 19 and ending on April 17 with the top four teams qualifying for the America East Championship on April 22 & 24.
- Men's Soccer: A six-game schedule starting February 26 and commencing on April 9 with a four-team, single-site America East Championship set for April 15 and 17.
- Women's Soccer: A six-game schedule starting March 7 and commencing on April 11 with a four-team, single-site America East Championship set for April 16 and 18.
- Volleyball: A double round-robin schedule (12 matches) starting February 28 and ending on March 29 with the top two teams qualifying for the America East Championship match on April 4.