(WBNG) — Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Friday that state police issued 7,891 tickets and made 139 arrests for impaired driving during Super Bowl weekend.
The STOP-DWI initiative started on Saturday, Feb. 2 and continued though 4:00 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 4.
During this time, the New York State Police increased patrols and conducted sobriety tests to identify and arrest impaired divers.
The governor’s office says state troopers made 139 arrests and investigated 456 crashes. According to the governor’s office, 67 crashes included injuries, and one included a fatality.
The following is a list of arrests and tickets issued during the Super Bowl enforcement period:
- Troop A, Western NY: 7 DWI arrests, 242 speeding, 27 distracted driving, 25 child restraint/seat belt, 3 move over, 716 total tickets.
- Troop B, North County: 6 DWI arrests, 71 speeding, 7 distracted driving, 5 child restraint/seat belt, 1 move over, 349 total tickets.
- Troop C, Southern Tier: 5 DWI arrests, 231 speeding, 7 distracted driving, 8 child restraint/seat belt, 14 move over, 677 total tickets.
- Troop D, Central NY: 10 DWI arrests, 202 speeding, 35 distracted driving, 24 child restraint/seat belt, 5 move over, 758 total tickets.
- Troop E, Finger Lakes: 8 DWI arrests, 186 speeding, 12 distracted driving, 25 child restraint/seat belt, 9 move over, 713 total tickets.
- Troop F, Upper Hudson Valley: 35 DWI arrests, 347 speeding, 22 distracted driving, 37 child restraint/seat belt, 5 move over, 1,048 total tickets.
- Troop G, Capital Region: 14 DWI arrests, 229 speeding, 30 distracted driving, 29 child restraint/seat belt, 10 move over, 725 total tickets.
- Troop K, Lower Hudson Valley: 30 DWI arrests, 394 speeding, 33 distracted driving, 33 child restraint/seat belt, 1,100 total tickets.
- Troop L, Long Island: 13 DWI arrests, 163 speeding, 17 distracted driving, 21 child restraint/seat belt, 3 move over, 251 total tickets.
- Troop NYC, New York City: 0 DWI arrests, 3 speeding, 4 distracted driving, 5 child restraint/seat belt, 0 move over, 251 total tickets.
- Troop T, NYS Thruway: 11 DWI arrests, 424 speeding, 21 distracted driving, 18 child restraint/seat belt, 44 move over, 958 total tickets.
- Speeding: 2,492
- Distracted Driving: 215
- Seat belt violations: 230
- Move over law: 127
Note: NYS states that overall total tickets includes other violations.
In an official press release, the governor said, “These numbers show our efforts to aggressively enforce the law to keep our roads safe are working, and I commend the State Police for their dedication to protecting the lives of New Yorkers during this campaign and throughout the rest of the year.”