Oneonta withdraws Neahwa Park permit for Saturday’s ‘OH Fest’ concert

1:05 P.M. UPDATE:

ONEONTA, N.Y. (WBNG) — The Oneonta Police Department says security issues were the main cause for OH Fest’s park permit to be withdrawn.

Oneonta Police Chief Douglas Brenner said a student group had voiced concerns that the headlining act had been the subject of sex abuse allegations and there had been talk of protests or a demonstration.

Brenner said there had been no planned security assistance from SUNY Oneonta or Hartwick, which means the City of Oneonta would have total responsibility for providing security at Neahwa Park.

The police chief also noted that the city is expecting bad weather Saturday and this also contributed to the decision.

Brenner said there is no word if the concert will be held on the SUNY Oneonta or Hartwick campus and noted that decision is up to the schools.

ORIGINAL STORY:


ONEONTA, N.Y. (WBNG) — A much-anticipated concert for college students in Oneonta will no longer take place in Neahwa Park.

Sean Kingston was slated to headline the “OH Fest” concert scheduled for 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday.

Oneonta Mayor Gary Herzig announced Friday that the city has decided to withdraw the event’s permit to use the park, “due to recent events which have raised concerns for the safety of all participants.”

It’s not known if the concert will take place elsewhere.

12 News has reached out to Mayor Herzig and the SUNY Oneonta Student Association for more information. We have yet to receive any response.

PHOTO: Google Maps

Nicky Hickling

Nicky Hickling

More News

Your Weather Authority

Connect with WBNG
WBNG Watch Live
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content