(WBNG) — Officials from the Schuyler County racetrack which had been slated to host the big 50th anniversary of Woodstock celebration says the festival’s site license is being terminated.
The following statement was sent out by Watkins Glen International Public Relations Director Chris Banker on Monday afternoon:
“Watkins Glen International terminated the site license for Woodstock pursuant to provisions of the contract. As such, WGI will not be hosting the Woodstock 50 Festival.”
Banker told 12 News Watkins Glen International would provide no further comment at this time as to what prompted the statement.
12 News reached out to Woodstock 50 officials, but we have not yet received a response. There is no word yet on how this could change plans for the concert, scheduled for August 16-18.
The road to the special anniversary of the 1969 Woodstock Festival has been full of bumps and detours thus far.
Ticket sales for the August festival were delayed in April after it did not yet have approval from the state department of health to hold the concert.
Then came the back and forth between Woodstock organizer Michael Lang and Dentsu Aegis, the financing firm that pulled its involvement in the performance, which led to a court battle over claims of tampering by Lang.
Woodstock officials announced in May that ticket sales would begin soon after securing a new financial partner.