BINGHAMTON (WBNG) — Broome County and Visit Binghamton are gearing up for this year’s Path Through History Weekend.
This Saturday and Sunday, participants will learn about the many parks and museums the area has to offer, and much more.
Events extend from the town of Maine to downtown Binghamton, with each site celebrating local history.
“You really learn the smaller stories, you know, you may know about the suffrage movement starting in one location or something like that, but it’s really learning those individual stories that we have through the county and that there are throughout the state. It makes you proud to live here but also helps us learn. You’ve got to learn from the past so that you can move forward,” said Judi Hess, Director of Visit Binghamton.
Participating locations include:
- Roberson Museum and Science Center: Explore the Past, exhibits, planetarium shows, Link
organ, and Mansion mystery tour.
- Broome County Arts Council: “Sculpture Outdoors” Walking Tour
- Cutler Botanic Garden
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Broome County
- The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier: Celebrating 35 years as the area’s only children’s
- The Bundy Museum of History & Art – Guided Tours and New Exhibits, Creative
- Binghamton: History of Local Art
- Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park: Zoo fun and historic photos and facts
- Techworks! – Mission Control: Unsung Heroes of Apollo (BBC, 2018)
- Phelps Mansion Museum – Guided Tour of Downtown Binghamton
- Nanticoke Valley Historical Society – Janet Bowers Museum: Emergency! History of Maine
- Fire Departments and Ambulance Squad Exhibit, Reception, and Guided Tours, plus one-room
school house and flour mill tours
- Broome County Carousels – Recreation Park Carousel, Ross Park Carousel, CFJ Park Carousel,
George W. Johnson Park Carousel, West Endicott Park Carousel, and Highland Park Carousel
More information, including an interactive map, can be found here: goalloutbroome.com/pthw.